GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
For GAFA 2022, we are offering you the chance to participate in the 3 Poster Discussion Sessions which are being held on 1st – 3rd September 2022 as part of the planned range of educational activities.
This is a great opportunity for you to share your knowledge, have your scientific research presented in front of key opinion leaders in the field and to be acknowledged as active contributors in the GAFA 2022 Forum. The poster will be considered for publication in an international peer reviewed journal.
Poster submission only by email to: GAFAPoster@ga2len-anacare.eu will remain open until 17:00 C.E.S.T. 10th August 2022 and abstracts can be edited up until this time.
Participants may submit up only one abstract for each area, including:
- Acute and long-term management of anaphylaxis
- Anaphylaxis cofactors
- Drug allergy
- Food allergy mechanisms
- Food allergy management
- Food allergy immunotherapy
The poster should be submitted only once: re-submission is not permitted.
- The abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations).
- The abstract should be limited to 1,950 characters (about 300-350 words). This includes the text plus any graphics, but not the title or authors.
- The use of trademarks is prohibited, only International Non-proprietary Names (INN), e.g., generic drugnames, are allowed.
- Minimum 2, maximum 3 keywords which best correspond to the content. All abstracts must be submitted in English with accurate grammar and spelling suitable for publication.
As it is in the intent of GA2LEN to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias, all potential conflicts of interest need to be declared.
The first author (=presenting author) is responsible for the content and is the contact person for communication purposes and dissemination of information to co-authors.
The first author (=presenting author) should be a person, who personally participated in the poster.
● First author and co-authors need to provide their: full name and affiliation.
● The first author may nominate a co-author to present the abstract in his/her place, provided that a co-author was a member of the team who was directly involved in writing it
● Ensure that all authors complete the “Conflict of Interest” statement identifying any financial interest in products or processes involved in their activities.
Selection of Posters
All submitted posters will be sent for peer review by a panel of three experts in the field of anaphylaxis and food allergy (Scientific Programme Committee). Each abstract will be reviewed and scored to determine which cases are accepted/rejected.
Posters report acceptance/non-acceptance status will be communicated 14th August 2022. Please ensure that the email provided for the presenting author is accurate as all correspondences will be sent via email, to the presenting author.
Once presented, the Scientific Programme Committee and attendees of the meeting will vote the best case based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of conclusions according to methodology and results
- Duration of the presentation (in compliance with the submission rules)
- Quality of the oral presentation performance
There will be two prizes of 300€ EUR each: one for the best poster voted by the Scientific Programme Committee and one for the best poster voted by the GAFA delegates.
Participants authorize GA2LEN to capture the personal data (name, surname, position or job, image, and voice) during the participation in the clinical cases session.
GA2LEN will carry out interviews, photographic reports/audio-visual/sound recordings on its own behalf or through a third party, through capturing images, sound, contributions, interpretations and/or recording by means of video or photography.
Therefore, participants grant GA2LEN an irrevocably non-exclusive right to process and use its own image and personal data, in accordance with the provisions of Law 1/1982, of May 5, the Protection of the Right to Honour, Personal and Family Privacy and Own Image.
For this purpose, the participant gives its consent to the process and use its own image and personal data in accordance with the following clauses:
a) The participant transfers to GA2LEN the exploitation rights of the recorded images, for the maximum time allowed by law and for all countries in the world.
b) The participant gives its consent, without limitation, to the following uses of its own image and name recorded by GA2LEN using the technical means currently used and those that may be developed in the future:
i) GA2LEN will use the recordings to publicize GA2LEN’s internal activities. The recorded images will be used for promotional activities by GA2LEN, in any of the possible formats, including exposure and promotion through the internet and on the different websites of GA2LEN.
If you have any additional questions or need further information concerning poster submission, please contact:
GA2LEN GAFA 2022 Poster Management E-Mail: GAFAPoster@ga2len-anacare.eu